Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coming to an End..



I just want time to stop. Just for one second I want to be still. But nope...This little ship is in full speed ahead sailing to San Diego. I'm sitting in the back right now looking out at the perfect ocean day drinking my artificial ship coffee with white powdered milk. mmmm yummmy. Should be writing a paper. Should be studying. But instead I find myself listening to the weepies' world spins madly on and john mayer's stop this train understanding exactly how they feel. I can't believe this adventure is coming to an end. And I can't believe this whole thing even actually happened to me. I keep waiting for someone to slap me across the face and bring me back to reality... But it hasn't happened yet. I guess maybe it is all real, isn't it? Wtf?

But anywayss..
We've spent the past five days in Hawaii. It was only supposed to be four but due to some 60 foot ocean waves we got to sail BACK to Honolulu from Hilo and spend an extra day and a half at the beach. Hawaii was amazing, but it was SO strange being back in America. They warned us about that, but I honestly didn't believe them until I got there, hopped in a cab, and the driver actually knew what I was talking about. What the hell? I thought to myself. All I have to do is tell this driver where I want to go and he is going to take me there?? That's all there is to it? It just doesn't make sense. And wait a minute, we're going to drive in the street lanes? And stop signs?? What are those? I have been uncomfortable for so long, that now it's uncomfortable to be comfortable. Does that make sense? Probably not. But yeah bottom line..being back in America is the strangest feeling in the world, and that was only Hawaii. I wonder what it's going to feel like to wake up in my bed, or walk around Kroger, or drive a car. Ahhhh madness..

ok well it's lunch time and they have ice cream again....ugg my will power is sewage when it comes to ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment